Information for speakers
Instructions for the realization and delivery of PC presentations
- The presentation software used at the Slide Centre supports the projection of the following formats:
- Office Power Point 2013 - .ppt .pptx
- Office Excel
- It is absolutely necessary that any files (movies / video / images) are stored in the same folder as the presentation.
- We suggest the use of simple slides without too many animations and with a font size of 14 points or greater.
- If customs fonts are used (not included in “Windows 10 operating system, or Office 2013 or mac OS) we recommend to bring the necessary fonts to the Slide Center well in advance (at least 5 hours before the speech) .
- We suggest to include images in .jpg, .gif or .png format, in order to have a light weight presentations. Other formats may be accepted but we cannot guarantee it, we suggest checking at the Slide Centre
- We suggest not to exceed 100 MB (movies excluded) for each presentation.
- Movies must have the following extensions: .avi, .wmv, .mpeg. Movies created with proprietary codecs from professional machines, will not be viewable.
- We suggest inserting no more than one movie for each slide, with a recommended maximum size of 100 MB each. Should the movie’s size exceed that limit, we suggest bringing a copy of the movies to the Slide Centre well in advance (at least 5 hours before the speech) in order to apply any possible conversion/compression to the file.
- In order to quickly upload presentations at the Slide Center, we recommend the following media supports: pen drive or hard disk USB. It is possible to download the presentations directly from your notebook at the slide center, if they arrive at the Slide Centre at least 3 hours before the speech.
- The software automatically adapts projection format according to the slides’ format (4:3 or 16:9). Should presentation be in a different format from the hall’s screen, the slides will be projected in a graphic frame. The recommended slide format is 16:9
- Speakers are kindly invited to go to the Slide Centre at least 2 hours before the session’s start in order to verify and upload their presentation. Speaker whose session is scheduled as the first in the morning are kindly invited to deliver their slide at the Slide Centre the day before.